Williamson County
Texas History


Williamson County, Texas
Davisville, established about 1908, consisted of small store west of Jarrell, moved a short distance to the rail line of the Bartlett and Western when it was built; near Flat Rock School and the station stop of St. Luke. "Doc" Davis and Hill "Peg Leg" Casey ran the store. Dr. Silas McCarty lived near the store in brushy area, was once kidnapped to tend to a wounded outlaw.

a special thanks to Clara Stearns Scarbrough for this slice of history
BIBLIOGRAPHY: Clara Stearns Scarbrough, Land of Good Water: A Williamson County History (Georgetown, Texas: Williamson County Sun Publishers, 1973).


view other communities pages