Williamson County
Texas History


Pflugerville, Texas



The area 15 miles northeast of the Colorado River was originally settled by the Henry Pfluger family in 1849. A dam was constructed on Gilleland Creek shortly after that, to facilitate the railroad and provide water for the train. Wooden buildings were erected on Main Street and Pecan Street, many by Conrad Pfluger. The original platt for the city of Pflugerville was registered on February 19, 1904 by George Pfluger and his son, Albert. The first addition to the town was the Wuthrich Addition of six blocks, platted on November 22, 1904. That same year, the first cotton gin was built in Pflugerville. It was destroyed by fire in 1931 and a new one rebuilt on the same location.


Pflugerville, Texas  by The Handbook of Texas Online


Pflugerville, Texas by Wikipedia

From Wikipedia,


view other communities pages